Jan 23, 2019
Defense in Depth is part of the CISO Series network which
can be found at CISOSeries.com.
What are the most important metrics to measure when building out
your security program? One thing we learned on this episode is
those metrics change, as your security program matures.
This episode of Defense in Depth is co-hosted by me,
(@dspark), the creator of
CISO Series and Allan
Alford (@AllanAlfordinTX), CISO
at Mitel. Our guest is my co-host
of the other show, Mike Johnson, CISO of
correlation and risk scoring technology combined with their
approach of using pseudonyms in place of certain PII data greatly
facilitates your organization's path towards compliance. Over time,
machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms detect
anomalies at an impressive level of scalability. Run Fluency as a
standalone or integrate it into your existing SIEM. Learn more by
visiting us at booth #4529 at the RSA® Conference 2019.
On this episode of Defense in Depth, you'll
- There is no golden set of security metrics.
- Metrics you use to measure your security program this year
won't necessarily be the same ones you use next year.
- Use the NIST model to determine your security program
- Unlike B2C, B2B companies can use metrics to build a closer tie
between security and the business.
- Regulations and certifications is one easy way to align
security with the business.