Jun 25, 2019
Links and images for this episode can be found on CISO Series
The CISO/Security Vendor Relationship Podcast is now
more than a year old. On this episode, the hosts of both podcasts,
reflect on the series and we respond to listeners critiques, raves,
this post and
this post for the basis of our conversation on this week’s
episode co-hosted by me, David
Spark (@dspark), the
creator of CISO
Series and Allan
Alford (@AllanAlfordinTX). Our
guest for this episode is the co-host of the
CISO/Security Vendor Relationship Podcast,
Thanks to this week’s podcast sponsor,
On this episode of Defense in Depth, you'll
- We provide the definitive story of how the CISO/Security
Vendor Relationship Podcast started and how David, Allan, and
Mike all connected.
- We've been challenging many of the sales techniques that have
essentially irked CISOs. The podcast has become a validation tool
for sales people to show to their management and say, "We need to
- One of the critiques we've heard is the desire to understand
more of the sales process. We are actually very much in the dark as
to the different levels of incentives are for sales staff. A
security sale is often a long and involved process and we know the
incentives are more involved than just a sales commission.
- We've actually done webinars that take a look behind the scenes
of sales and we plan to do more.
- Those who feel isolated with their company enjoy hearing the
- There is actually a real return on investment to listening to
our show. Sales people say that they've changed their strategy
based on advice on the show and it has proved to be fruitful.